Before you sign up
this is over the Labor Day Weekend
Sept 1 to Sept 4
1. This is a camping trip
2. PAYMENT REQUIRED to be locked in.
I will be contacting you if you sign up without payment. I will not be holding any spots for this adventure. When you pay you are locked in. I can only take 21 campers.
Venmo, Quickpay,...760-408-8237 Check...no PayPal due to fee charges.
3. CANCELATIONS.... will be refunded only if I can find someone to buy your spot from you.
4. This is not your kid's trip. The campground (entire campground is noisy, up late, and it is Labor Day Weekend). We are noisy on this adventure. Bring earplugs when it is time for sleeping. PEOPLE WILL BE DRINKING. SMOKING IS IN A DESIGNATED AREA PICKED BY JASON.
One can't blow liquor into someone face, but smoke travels from one person to another. Be understanding to this rule.
5. A BUMMER NOTE Catalina is no longer adding the kayaks to the camping deal. Those have to be rented separately.
To Join Us
I will need payment to lock you in. Signing up without payment does not hold your spot. I know money can be tight so if you can't do full payment now then at least do
The full fee is $260 for the camping portion.
I will get you connect so you can buy your boat ticket. It will sellout this year.
1. This trip always sells out.
2. The fee is non refundable, but if you give enough notice if bailing...we may find some to buy your space.
6. FEE is
$260 for Yearly Members
(that breaks down to $86 dollar for each night…total of 3 nights)
$300 for non Yearly Members
The fee covers the private camping spot,
A. Our own restroom...yes it is a pit toilet but it was nice last year.
B. Camping Spot
C. Gas Grill and Gas to the camping site only
D. Outdoor Shower to the camping site only
E. Access to the Beach from campsite
F. Shade area for hammocks and tents
E. Food Storage Cabinets to the camping site only
F. Two tag for luggage transfer
G. A few shaded umbrellas and picnic tables at the cooking station.
Note not included
1. Each person purchases a bundle of Firewood $10 per bundle
2. Parking Fee (carpooling saves you money)
3. Boat Ride which will be around $80 round trip.
NOTE $100 per person fee Only Applies if you where to purchase your own camping spot or stay at the Banning House and still joining our group.
7. SO YOU KNOW
This is a rain, wind, heat, or shine adventure.
8. TENTS....THIS ALWAYS GET TO PEOPLE
No large tents
A. Sleeping Alone -No larger than a 3 person tent
B. Sleeping with another- No larger than a 5 person tent.
9. DON'T PLACE YOURSELF IN THIS SITUATION
Bad attitudes will not be tolerated. Everyone has a bad day one time or another. If you are have an attitude...Walk away from the group...heal and then return. If you bring a bad attitude to the group and you are not listening to my express concerns, then you may find that this adventure with us.
Note: A refund on the trip is not included because bad attitude, but an exit from the group (sadly) with the remaining portion of your membership will be your part ways goodbye. We just can't have one person ruining everyone else adventure on this trip or any of our adventures.
10. THIS IS PIRATE ADVENTURE
Dress as pirate. It is Labor Day Weekend...People will go nuts that our ground is Dressed like pirates on a Friday or Saturday Night. Plus it makes for great ground pictures.
No kids on this trip.
Catalina Adult Camping Trip (Fun and Wild....And Yes RELAXING)
Also since this is a drinking trip for those who like to drink. I am not responsible for your wellbeing or safety. If you drink to a point that your attitude impact the group you will notified by me (Jason). if behavior doesn't change than you will no longer have access to future camping adventures. The smoking area for pot and smokes is unfortunately not at the camping spot due to the trees within the camping site. It will not be at the campfire since that will be filled with the group. smoking area will be in town as per their rules.
-CALL ME - to CONFIRM YOU SPOT 760-408-8237
Good things to know
1. People will be drinking
2. Dancing is not required but you are missing out the fun.
3. Dressing up as a Pirate is required -on boat and at night
4. We are staying at Two Harbor and not Avalon.
5. You have to haul your luggage on and off the boat.
6. You can only bring two large bundled items and backpack. READ BELOW for luggage requirement.
7. The campsite is not flat so your tent may be on slope.
8. It can be hot in the day and cool at night.
9. If you sharing a tent...your tent should not be larger than 4-person tent. (IMPORTANT). If you single than a tent no larger than 3 person tent
10. Bring earplugs. No. complaining about noise if you don't bring earplugs. quite time is 10 pm as per camping rules for two harbors.
11. The restroom at the campground are pit and clean. The restrooms are flush in town. Town is a 15 minute walk down from the campground. there are hot showers in town
12. If you are not people friendly, then this trip is not for you. We are fairly close together in our camping area.
13. You are responsible for your happiness. This is so very important to you and everyone around you. If you are unhappy and everyone around you is happy then you are probably a unhappy person. Be happy and don't worry ;)
This is my vacation trip with my friends who truly like to party, swim, snorkel, and spend time being an island girl or guy. This is my time to be just as human as everyone else. So group leader will be taking a vacation. The complaint department will be close but the compliment department will be open ;)
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE INFORMATION BELOW. NO SURPRISES.
*THE DAYS AT CATALINA CAN BE FROM THE 70S TO THE 90S. WE GO RAIN OR SHINE.
WHAT DO YOU DO ON THE ISLAND?
DANCE, DRINK, SNORKEL, SWIM, SUNBATH
IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO BE AROUND PEOPLE WHO DRINK THEN THIS TRIP WILL PROBABLY NOT BE FUN FOR YOU.
IF YOU BRING AN ICE CHEST KNOW THE FOLLOWING....
You are only allowed TWO pieces of luggage. You will need a tent, sleeping bag, and pillow for sure. It your choice how much cloths you wish to bring. YOU WILL NEED TO BUNDLE YOUR ITEMS AND STILL KEEP UNDER THE WEIGHT AND SIZE OF THE BUNDLED ITEMS.
IT IS A QUARTER OF A MILE WALK TO THE TOWN FROM THE CAMPGROUND.
Showers are in town (You need quarters)
There is a cafe, restaurant, in general store in town.
Buy and eat there rather than carrier your food to the island.
There are flush toilets in town and chemical toilets at the campground.
You must load and off load your luggage from the boat.
ONLY 21 PEOPLE FOR NOW.
NO ELECTRICITY TO CHARGE YOUR PHONE. Make friends with the bartender and maybe she or he will allow you to plug in your phone...or stand at the restrooms at Two Harbor.....
or buy an extra battery or solar pack for your phone.
WHY DON'T HAVE THE BOAT DEPARTURE TIMES YET?
The boat company will have the time release in June. Just be prepared to leave early the morning our Catalina arrival and we may leave late for our departure.
You can rent the following, but you have the call the number below:
SO VERY IMPORTANT
You can only HAVE TWO LAGGUAGE items weighing up to 50lbs and measurements of 37x23x23 any greater and you will not be able to bring them on the boat.
You are allowed one carry on.
Watch video to learn packing.
1. Tent *
2. Sleeping bag *
5. Chair (IF YOU WISH FOR THE CAMP AREA)
6. Bathing Suit
7. Sun Screen.
8. See Weather one week before for clothing needs.
10. Bathroom needs
11. Quarters for Showers
13. Small Umbrella to shade you. Small in size like a Rain Umbrella size.
14. Hiking shoes
15. Beach flip-flops
16. Money for café or restaurant or grocery store.
CAN YOU RENT ITEMS?
You must call to rent these items. The fee and number is as follows:
Four-person tents and sleeping bags and pads are available for rent.
For more information, please call: 877-778-1487 (Please note that reservations booked over the phone are subject to a $25 administration fee).
(FEE BASED On 2016 and may have gone up)
4-Man Tent $25 per day
Sleeping Bag $30 per day
Sleeping Pad $5 per day
Propane Lantern $15 per day includes 16 oz propane
2-Burner Stove $17 per day includes 16 oz propane
Firewood $10 per bundle first last approx. 1.5 hrs. per bundle
Propane $8 16 oz canister
Charcoal $16 7 lb bag & match light-
You can also rent kayaks, snorkeling and scuba equipment.
There two dining places at two harbors.
One is open for breakfast and lunch and the other open for dinner.
-Contact Jason Bruecks 760-408-8237
Lastly Bring a Good Attitude. A good day is 90% on you and 10% on someone else….unless that person is being a jerk. In that case I will have a talk with them for they forgot the 90% rule. ;) Flexibility is an absolute on these kinds of adventures.
We are energized group. If you join us you join with a sense of nature adventure and ablity to be surround by many people of all walks of life. As I tell the group...you start with your own joy and no one can steal that from you and you are not entitled to try to steal other people joy. We are in this to have fun!