This budge will cover: flight, transportation, bungalow and hotel, and all the tours, plus organizing fee.
You will need extra for dining especially if you want lobster overnight and massages if you wish....
CAHUATI, Costa Rica.
Located on Caribbean south portion of Costa Rica.
No kids on this trip.
Please read all the details below. You must let me know if you all this fine and you are good with the ground rules.
You ability to go will depend on you finding a Roommate within our group and your purchase of a plane ticket once I know our true departure. No spots will be saved if you don't buy your ticket..when it time to buy...
It's not a trip for everyone.
1. High humidity no air conditioning.
2. No rental cars just our bus driver and our guide.
3. The town is very small but very nice.
4. You walk to everything, and the bus takes to our adventures.
5. The rooms are beautiful but a very simple lifestyle.
6. The properties that I chose are all close to one another. They are for our group. Our group size can't exceed 17 people.
7. Everyone needs a roommate from the hiking group to attend.
(Might be a good time to become a hiking member so you can start meeting people in the group.)
8. The beds are singles or doubles.
9. There can be a lot of rain though oddly this time, 2021, time we had no rain.
10. If you skip a tour you still have to pay for it.
11. If you don't do the rafting trip you still have to pay for it. You will have still on the bus for 4.5 hours until the group finishes the rafting. The reason is this adventure the bus transfers us from Cahuita back to San Jose.
A. Hotel .. First and Last night in San Jose will probably be $140 each night
B. Bungalows total will be under $500 for all the nights stay.
C. The tours total $500 excluding rafting.
Rafting is $160 which includes breakfast, lunch, transportation from Cahuita to Rafting, and then Rafting to San Jose.
D. Current Direct Flight that we are on is under $500 round trip, but note it has been going up and down in price.
Note I am padding high on the above.
Fixed is what is below.
D. Organization Fees
$175 Yearly Members
$225 non yearly members.
Being up front
1. Anyone who's not flexible will absolutely hate this trip. Anyone who hates to be around people will absolutely hate this trip.
2. Anyone who hates humidity will absolutely hate this trip.
3. Anyone who hates to be in an organized situation with a group leader will probably hate this trip.
4. Anyone who's looking for swimming pools luxurious suites or lots of amenities will probably hate this trip.
5. Vegetarians are going to find this to be a little problematic. It's not easy finding vegetarian meals unless you like beans and rice and bananas and fruit.
6. Those who do not like to be around people who drink or around the occasional weed smokers probably won't like this trip. (Though I did ask the weed smokers to stand outside of our gatherings.
Drinking there was consumption. And those who don't drink they did fine with us. But they probably laughed at us quite a bit for the silliness).
7. There's a lot of downtime each afternoon, but I had the group go in fast and hard every single day except for one day on adventures and trips and hikes. All the excursions are paid for so if you drop out you still pay for the excursions.
So I suppose those are potential setbacks for some.
But if you're flexible, Don't mind the elements, Don't mind roommates, and have a sense of adventure You will love this trip.
Everyone who attended this trip all 17 people, the bus driver, our guide, and my personal river guide were amazing.
What I ask of you.
If there were moments of anxiety or frustration, I can honestly tell you everyone took a deep breath and they did amazing. I could not ask for a better group, and this will be the standard that I will hold all those who attends in the future our international trips.
My plan is in the coming weeks till month or so to have everything locked in for next year. I loved everyone that I worked with to make this happen. I look forward to working with them again for next year.
I'll have more details for my hiking group and as they say I've got around the sun already once with this and I can make it work again.
WHAT TO EXPECT
YES IT IS A RAIN FOREST AND IT WILL PROBABLY RAIN EVERY DAY.
I ASKED THE GUIDE LAST YEAR WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT RAINS?
HE STATED "WE HIKE, SNORKEL, SWIM, RAFT, SAIL, BOAT...BUT WE DON'T GAZE AT THE STARS."
I WAS LUCKY. ONE A HORSE BITE ME AND I HAD NO SPRAY. WITH THAT SAID BRING SPRAY.
NO, I WALKED THE STREETS LATE AT NIGHT AND FELT VERY SAFE, BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE WITH AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON.
THE TOWN IS SUPER FRIENDLY, BUT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE YOUR GUIDE FOR MONEY. JUST BE POLITE AND SAY NO THANK YOU
CHAUITA DOES NOT HAVE MUCH OF A NIGHT LIFE.
THERE IS A TON OF WILDLIFE.
YES THEY TOOK MY AMERICAN DOLLARS.
I USED MY CREDIT CARD WHEN I COULD
BEST TO GET $300 TO COLONES. IF ANYONE HAS BANK OF AMERICA LET ME KNOW. MAYBE WE CAN GET THE COLONES AHEAD OF TIME.
IT WILL BE HOT AND HUMID
WASH YOUR CLOTHS IN YOUR SINK. NOTHING FANCY IS NEEDED.
MUST BE 6 MONTHS WITHIN YOUR TRAVEL TIME
CURRENTLY COVID TESTING IS REQUIRED TO ENTER Costa Rica AND IT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER BACK IN TO THE USA.
PROOF OF VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER Costa Rica