Cahuita, Costa Rica
Thursday Oct 12, to Friday Oct 20, 2023
Budget $1800 to $2400 person .
Within your budget
1. Airline tickets on Delta can run from $450 to $800 person. Your budget will increase purchasing your ticket at higher rate. Best to contact me before purchasing your ticket.
2. Staying in Cahuita, Costa Rica
A. I have cheap bungalows that sleep two. They no air conditioning. Typically running $475. Divide by two can be very reasonable.
B. Need air conditioning? Those places can be $600 to $900 during our stay. Finding a roommate can help.
3. Last night stay in San Jose can be $90 to 175 for a room. All depends when you snag a hotel.
4. Food - You can eat cheap or you can on a salary of rich person. Lobster is expensive. Chicken, Rice, and Beans or Pizza is typically a few $ cheaper than we can get in the states.
5. The Tours will run about $500 no including Zip Line Tour on our last day. That could run $160 which include our bus ride back to San Jose.
6. Tips to the guides $100.
7. $200 per person Organizers Fee.
8. Extras- Massages, Travel near by towns, shopping, exploring the islands of Panama. All that is probably closer to the $2400 budget.
Understanding the above can make your trip closer to $1800 or closer to $2400.
This budge will cover: flight, transportation, bungalow and hotel, and all the tours, plus organizing fee.
CAHUATI, Costa Rica.
Located on Caribbean south portion of Costa Rica.
Please read all the details below. You must let me know if you all this fine and you are good with the ground rules.
You ability to go will depend on you finding a Roommate within our group and your purchase of a plane ticket once I know our true departure. No spots will be saved if you don't buy your ticket..when it time to buy...
It's not a trip for everyone.
1. High humidity no air conditioning. Unless you get a place close to the group with Air Conditioning.
2. No rental cars just our bus driver and our guide.
3. The town is very small but very nice.
4. You walk to everything, and the bus takes to our adventures.
5. The rooms are beautiful but a very simple lifestyle.
6. The properties that I chose are all close to one another. They are for our group. Our group size can't exceed 17 people.
7. Everyone needs a roommate for the properties at the Ache, but you can go off property and bunk alone if you wish.
8. There can be a lot of rain though oddly this time, 2021/2022, time we had no rain.
9. If you skip a tour you still have to pay for it.
10. If you don't do the Zipline you still have to pay for it. You will have still on the bus for 4.5 hours until the group finishes the Zipline. The reason is this adventure the bus transfers us from Cahuita back to San Jose.
A. Hotel .. First and Last night in San Jose will probably be $160 each night
B. Bungalows total will be under $500 for all the nights stay. I have one place that has air conditioning and 2 rooms. It is best for 2 couples or 4 friends that don't mind sharing queen beds. There are 2 queen beds.
C. Current Direct Flight that we are on is under $500 round trip, but note it has been going up and down in price. I have seen the price as high as $900.
Note I am padding high on the above.
Fixed is what is below.
D. Organization Fees
$200 Yearly Members (per person)
$250 non yearly members. (person person)
Being up front
1. Anyone who's not flexible will absolutely hate this trip. Anyone who hates to be around people will absolutely hate this trip.
2. Anyone who hates humidity will absolutely hate this trip.
3. Anyone who hates to be in an organized situation with a group leader will probably hate this trip.
4. Anyone who's looking for swimming pools luxurious suites or lots of amenities will probably hate this trip.
5. Vegetarians- you will find meals. Vegas this may a very difficult trip. It's not easy finding vegetarian meals unless you like beans and rice and bananas and fruit.
6. Those who do not like to be around people who drink or around the occasional weed smokers probably won't like this trip. (Though I did ask the weed smokers to stand outside of our gatherings.
Drinking there was consumption. And those who don't drink they did fine with us. But they probably laughed at us quite a bit for the silliness).
7. There's a lot of downtime each afternoon, but I had the group go in fast and hard every single day except for one day on adventures and trips and hikes. All the excursions are paid for so if you drop out you still pay for the excursions.
So I suppose those are potential setbacks for some.
But if you're flexible, Don't mind the elements, Don't mind roommates, and have a sense of adventure You will love this trip.
Everyone who attended this trip all 17 people, the bus driver, our guide, and my personal river guide were amazing.
What I ask of you.
If there were moments of anxiety or frustration, I can honestly tell you everyone took a deep breath and they did amazing. I could not ask for a better group, and this will be the standard that I will hold all those who attends in the future our international trips.
My plan is in the coming weeks till month or so to have everything locked in for next year. I loved everyone that I worked with to make this happen. I look forward to working with them again for next year.
I'll have more details for my hiking group and as they say I've got around the sun already once with this and I can make it work again.
WHAT TO EXPECT
YES IT IS A RAIN FOREST AND IT WILL PROBABLY RAIN EVERY DAY.
I ASKED THE GUIDE LAST YEAR WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT RAINS?
HE STATED "WE HIKE, SNORKEL, SWIM, RAFT, SAIL, BOAT...BUT WE DON'T GAZE AT THE STARS."
I WAS LUCKY. ONE A HORSE BITE ME AND I HAD NO SPRAY. OTHER PEOPLE GOT BIT UP BY MOSQUITOS
NO, I WALKED THE STREETS LATE AT NIGHT AND FELT VERY SAFE, BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE WITH AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON.
THE TOWN IS SUPER FRIENDLY, BUT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE YOUR GUIDE FOR MONEY. JUST BE POLITE AND SAY NO THANK YOU
CHAUITA DOES NOT HAVE MUCH OF A NIGHT LIFE.
THERE IS A TON OF WILDLIFE.
YES THEY TOOK MY AMERICAN DOLLARS.
I USED MY CREDIT CARD WHEN I COULD
BEST TO GET $600 IN COLONES. IF ANYONE HAS BANK OF AMERICA LET ME KNOW. MAYBE WE CAN GET THE COLONES AHEAD OF TIME.
IT WILL BE HOT AND HUMID
WASH YOUR CLOTHS IN YOUR SINK. NOTHING FANCY IS NEEDED.
MUST BE 6 MONTHS WITHIN YOUR TRAVEL TIME
CURRENTLY COVID TESTING IS REQUIRED TO ENTER Costa Rica AND IT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER BACK IN TO THE USA.
PROOF OF VACCINATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER Costa Rica