Suggested Cooler Size if you are bring one
SATURDAY JUNE 10 is sold out
OR Sunday June 11 has 8 spots left
All day in Yuma, Az
Must RSVP to join
Let's Go Tubing on Colorado River
4 and half hours floating on the Colorado River.
I will offer a Saturday trip if Sunday appears to be selling out.
I am cool with bringing a family, but note that there is drinking on the river. I find it's best to have an age limit of 10 and older.
The river is not deep, somewhere between 3 to 6 feet, with a few spots slightly deeper. The water is cool but not cold.
Must be in Cash (no electronic payments nor checks) Tubing company takes cash.
$55 per person (just your tube)
which includes a tube and transportation from the park to the river drop off. This does NOT include an ice chest- you must bring your own ice chest.
$65 per person (tube for your ice chest)
which includes a tube and transportation from the park to the river drop off and a tube for a small ice chest. You bring the small ice chest...they will give you a tube for it.
When you sign up I will request cash from you. I can either pick it up or when can meet on the trail. The day we are going...if the tubing company cancels I will give you a refund in cash.
If you cancel, I will do my best to find someone to take your place...otherwise no refund.
DRIVING OR HOTEL OPTION
You can drive and return the same day.
I am staying at Silo Inn Yuma on Saturday June 10. There are plenty of hotels if you wish to stay the night.
1. Please arrive to our meeting location no later than 9:30 am….if you miss us you will not travel down the river with us but you will still be liable for the fee.
2. It is almost a 3 hour drive from theThe drive from Palm Springs is just under 3 hours. In the past some folks have booked a hotel in Yuma. I will be getting a hotel in Yuma Saturday night just in case I do a second day of floating.
MAPPING YOUR TRIP
I strongly suggest you map out your drive on Google Maps
Location to meet West Wetland Park, Yuma
3. No glass allowed on the river, so bring plastic cups and canned beverages. Bring WATER!
4. You need to bring a small ice chest.
Ice can be purchased at the Chevron off 4th street 100 S 4th Ave, Yuma, AZ 85364. Get it before you arrive at our meeting place at 9:30 am
5. Bring sun screen
6. Bring a hat
7. Bring lunch and/or snacks
8. WATER SHOES help protect those feet.
WHAT I WILL BRING:
I will have a trash bag
I will have music
WHAT YOU BRING:
A great attitude, patience, and the desire to have fun. If you are drinking alcohol, do so responsibly and go for the buzz without getting drunk.
Why do you need patience?
Once we meet up at the park it usually takes about 20 minutes to get the group organized before we hit the water. This seems to cause confusion and for some I guess frustration. Breathe, we are not in a rush. We will get our tubes and I will give you your rope and we eventually hit the water.
1. Typically 4 to 5 hours.
2. We stop at the bridge for sure. We stop before the bridge. If you get ahead of us that is cool. It is not cool if you are carpooling and you finish in 3 hours and your carpool partner finishes 2 hours later.
NO GLASS BOTTLES....
I guess that is pretty much it.
PAYMENT ONLY IN CASH