SUNRISE HIKE TO THE CROSS
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24
6:00 am departure time
It is Turkey Day!
Wear Fall Colors
Read Notes Please
Normally our sunrise hikes start at 5:30 am, but we will bump this out to start at 6 am sharp.
1. This is a steep climb to the cross
2. We move rather fast
A. If you want to move slower, arrive 15 to 20 minutes before 6 am and start the hike.
3. Why do we move fast? Want to catch the sunrise just as it starts to rise in front of the cross
4. Can you bring a dog? Yes, Please pick up after your dog. Your dog should be people and other dog friendly.
5. We depart on the trail at 6 am sharp. Running late then catch up. The trail is fairly straight forward.
Moving slow then just enjoy the hike or start before 6 am to meet us a the top of the cross.
6. After the hike we will get coffee at Starbucks El Paseo and walk El Paseo. (Not sure when we will arrive to Starbuck...beyond it will be after the hike)
7. You may need a flashlight for the first few minutes of the hike.
HIKING CONDITIONS: Moderate due to elevation gain (700 ft elevation gain and drop) and little over a 2 mile hike round trip.
The elevation gain is immediate and steep.
You can take your dog (please ensure your dog is friendly around hikers and other dogs) Dogs must be on leashed for the entire hike. Please clean up after your dog. You won't be invited back with your dog If you don't follow the rules above.
Take 111 HWY to Monterey/HWY 74. Drive up Hwy 74 but stay in the right lane. Turn right onto Thrush Road and proceed to the park. Thrush is the next street after Bursera Way. Cap Homme Ralph Adams Park. The parking lot splits at the bridge. Turn right and drive down and park. The park is in Palm Desert
from the parking lot exactly at 6:00 am
It will be twilight so you should see me.
Location from Google Maps (Apple Maps may take you to other locations)
(click this Link)